Author: Pete!
•Tuesday, June 09, 2009
Hello friends,

After riding with Nick this past weekend, I was inspired to finally write a post! If you didn't know already, I am in Philly (once again) for the summer. Many exciting things have happened to me since our last encounter. Here is a brief timeline:

1. I went to Moab, Utah and Mesa Verde, Colorado.
Summary: Amazing, see pictures for details.




In Mesa Verde!

My Brother and I in the foreground of spindles

Pretty great huh?

2. I also went to New York City two weekends ago. It was also another great time. The highlight of my trip was walking 30 miles. I basically walked from lower Manhattan to the top and back. It was pretty incredible walking through the different neighborhoods and seeing the cultural and socio-economic differences. Here is an example:





I thought this was hilarious as my tender feet burned

Not even a 100 block difference!


3.I came back to Philadelphia. I guess the only other exciting event was the Manayunk Bike Race. The 156-mile classic remains the longest running and most important single-day cycling road race in the United States. In summary, it was awesome. About 300,000 people came to line up along the streets of Manayunk, Lemon hill, and along the river (Kelly drive and West river are closed off). It is basically the spring fling of manayunk. My friend's aunt has a barber shop by the Wissahikon station for the R6. I spent my time there hanging out with retired and active police officers watching most of them get slightly or completely inebriated.


I am also training for the Philadelphia Insurance Triathlon. Hope to see you guys come and support me! I will be racing June 27th at 8:00 AM sharp.

See you soon,
Pete
|
This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 09, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: