•Wednesday, June 03, 2009
Exciting things happen when you're a work-study at Civic House over the summer. You search for lost documents on the G-drive. You find brownies in the fridge. You get to run errands all over campus.
And sometimes you find that the organization you've been working with for a year and a half is actually the name of an ancient Mayan rain god. Yep, Chac/Chaac/Chaahk is a rain deity whose "lightning axe [...] strikes the clouds and produces thunder and rain," according to Wikipedia. I actually found it because I was being lazy and googled CHAC to get to the website. Thirteen million other websites popped up, so I scanned through the first page to just see what other things could possibly be named CHAC, and voilĂ !
Here's the first site I saw: Gods from Mayan Mythology... CHAC.
And here's the Wikipedia article corroborating the story.
We clearly have some untapped power here.
And sometimes you find that the organization you've been working with for a year and a half is actually the name of an ancient Mayan rain god. Yep, Chac/Chaac/Chaahk is a rain deity whose "lightning axe [...] strikes the clouds and produces thunder and rain," according to Wikipedia. I actually found it because I was being lazy and googled CHAC to get to the website. Thirteen million other websites popped up, so I scanned through the first page to just see what other things could possibly be named CHAC, and voilĂ !
Here's the first site I saw: Gods from Mayan Mythology... CHAC.
And here's the Wikipedia article corroborating the story.
We clearly have some untapped power here.
|

1 comments:
I smell a new MASCOT.