Author: Penn Weekend Service
•Wednesday, May 27, 2009
I am currently sitting in my apartment in Paris eating a pastry before I have to head to class. I have been in Paris for 4 days now and really really wish I knew some French! I have learned a few words and ordered for the 1st time without pointing this morning. This trip is making me appreciate my language so much more.

Before coming to Paris I spent just under a week in London with another architecture student. London was the shit! It was great to be in a foreign place but still be able to understand people. We waited to long to book our Eurostar tickets to Paris (the train through the chunnel) so we decided to take a ferry instead. Not as simple as it sounds... To get from London to Paris we ended up taking 4 buses, 3 trains, 2 cabs, the metro, and a ferry. Oh--and we got stuck in Lille, France one night and had to spend the night in the sketchest hostel because we got kicked out of the train station. To make things better I got so drunk on the ferry that I forgot I had my ticket for the next train and spent forever trying to convince a lady (who only spoke French) to print me another one.

My apartment in Paris is not bad at all! There is the best bakery at the end of the block which we have gone to at least once a day. The ladies are no longer upset that we cant speak French and are helping us learn how to pronounce everything we purchase. Also, there is a little little wine and cheese shop just across the street which we frequent.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer wherever they are.....
|
This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: